Prices of our horses.
Our horses range from $2,500 and up to $6,500. This is of course depending on the horse, age, background etc. If you are interested in a particular horse just call us or email us for a price.
The good horses we find are a result of many hours of travel by our buyer to find these great safe horses. You can buy many horses but the guarantee we give and the tests we undertake are critical to your purchase of a horse. We make sure our vet has checked them out, get new coggins, and their teeth are checked. Buying a horse is a “big deal” and is a strong commitment. Our goal is to work with you as a partner to find out the best match for you and the HORSE. A well placed horse in the right environment makes for a good combination for both.
Our policies and assurances are suited for the benefit or both horse and customer. We take extreme care to match owner to horse. You have one-week to try and make sure the animal is for you. If you do not get along with the horse, we will trade you for another of our fine horses! * We specialize in Our horses are for western, english and trail riding. We encourage families and trainers to visit our facility.
When you want to see a picture of the horse that is listed below, click on the name of the horse and it will load up the pictures you want to see. Thank You.
To see a larger image click on the pictures of the horse.
- Chevy - If you are looking for safety, color and kindnesss in a horse, look at Chevy. Chevy is a 14 year old former ranch horse that is just a gem. He stands 14 3 hands and is a great horse. He is safe, good on the trail, does ring work well and the students love him. Read More...
- Pretty Woman Heat - (sale pending) Pretty Woman, aka Vivian ( that is the name of the Julia Roberts in the movie) is one of the most wonderful horses that have come to Tonkawood Farm. He is a 15 year old mare that is big, sound, strong and fit. She has done the SHOT classes that Pam and her Read More...
- Popcorn - (sale pending) This beautiful 10 year old gelding is all the color you could want with a beautiful disposition to match. Popcorn stands at 14 3 hands and is an extremely gentle safe gelding. He is a great trail horse with much trail experience. He has no spook, no jump and just goes along safely Read More...
- Pete - (sale pending) This beautiful Pinto horse is a gentle kind animal that has been owned by a family that is moving as our buyer was able to purchase him for Tonkawood as he fits all our criteria. Pete is 13 year old and stands just under 15 hands. He is gentle and a great horse Read More...
- Hottie - (sale pending)This beautiful registered Paint horse is a beauty. He stands at 15 1 hands and has been a ranch horse. He is kind, gentle, really fun to ride according to the students and has fit in beautifully with all the activities. He does all the patterns, goes through the bridge, the tires over the Read More...
- Abe - (sale pending)This wonderful horse is a gem. Abe is 13 years old and stands at 15 hands. He was a former ranch horse. The riders yesterday rode Abe all aound the ranch, in the woods, over the trial courses and in the ring. He was wonderful and a very safe smart horse. If you are Read More...
Call us or email us. 830 693 8253 email is Pat@tonkawood.com
Call us or email us. 830 693 8253 our email is Pat@tonkawood.com
What do we mean by sale pending?
Sale pending means that the horse has been sold and is out for the 7 day period. Please see our guarantee.
We are so proud of our new owners and the good horses they have. These safe guys are the backbone of the industry, hard to find and deserve a good home with loving families. We are happy to say that all our “guys” are well placed and that makes our job fun and much easier. Thank you all.
Pat and Pam
Our Designer horses!
We would like to ask our prospective buyers to give us a good description and outline of the horses you are looking for. We would like to encourage you to email us, or call us telling us exactly what you are looking for in a horse. There are eight criteria we look at when we determine if we can “match” you to a horse. 1. Safety. 2. The need. What do you want to do with the horse? Trail ride, ranch ride, versatility play days etc. 3. What is your skill level? 4. Where are you keeping the horse? This allows us to determine the suitability of our horses to YOUR environment. 5. Are you going to haul your horses to ride? Obviously easy loading is a MUST. 6. What are the pasture mates? 7. Who is going to ride the horse? Children, family or single rider need is a question we ask. WHEN WE DETERMINE WHAT KIND OF PARTNER YOU NEED, THEN WE CAN FIND YOU A MATCH. 8. What price range are you looking in ? We ask you to come to Tonkawood for an evaluation ride so we can see what kind of partner you want and need that way with high gas prices you do not waste a trip to look for a horse and we can make a good match for you. Please note that we are not seeking to critize your riding as we get all kinds of riders, but our goal is to have you enjoy the horse, the sport and the love based on your needs and skills. If you come to Tonkawood and do an evaluation ride, we will then seek a partner for you, determine the suitability for you and then send you pictures. If you live to far, then please give us as much information as you can so we can make sure we show you a candidate that suites your needs and suites the horse. If you like the horse,after an evaluation ride, we send pictures, and videos and if the look suites you, we will then HOLD the horse for you until you can come to see it. We also ask that you check out our sold column and give us an idea of the type of “look” you like. That cuts down time, effort and money by pre qualifying a horse for you. We can also send you a VIDEO for review before you make the trip. Our horses must meet the standard of safety we require for all of them. No horse can be perfect at all times, and circumstances can occur that render the horse unsuitable or the rider not in tune. Some horses are better suited to individual needs than others, that is why we are asking you to give us a list so we can determine if and how a horse will suite your needs. Prices of our horses. Out horses range from $3,000 to $6,000. This is of course depending on the horse, age, background etc. If you are interested in a particular horse just call us for a price. 830 693 8253 Thanks